Longevity is a sign of quality in many fields. But in the fast-changing world of digital business, the ability to easily replace or remove parts is what’s really needed. Unfortunately, the digital systems you have in place were rarely designed that way.
• That designing digital systems for easy removal or replacement takes more time.
• That the typical performance measures in place encourage not taking that time.
• That even worse, the engagement model in place creates tangible incentives to make systems hard to replace or difficult to remove.
• What measures are missing and the reasons behind their absence in the performance evaluation landscape.
• That M&A are not the true reason for systems being in function for too long, even after they’re not wanted anymore.
• What to ask to probe about future changes and system dismantlement.